Author Topic: Hunting Wharton State Forest  (Read 13605 times)

Mr.Green

Hunting Wharton State Forest
« on: April 07, 2010, 02:17:47 PM »
Does anyone have any experience in Wharton? I called and they said you can hunt anywhere as long as it is not private or posted.

Meadowmucker

• NJWA Trustee
  • Administrator
Re: Hunting Wharton State Forest
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 06:53:09 PM »
Mr Green, in prior years I hunted the Mullica River pretty heavy from the Parkway west - up past Lower Bank and the Wading River.  Since the further west you go, the waters are fresh waters, mallards, black ducks, teal, wood ducks and pintails.  You either have the opportunity for jump shooting while floating or along the banks.  I had a favorite reed blind below the dam that was productive.  Never hunted farther west into the Wharton Tract, but bet you with some scouting you'll find plenty of hunting opportunity
Regards
John

Mr.Green

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 10:36:08 AM »
Thanks. I am brand new to hunting and am not exactly sure what I look for when scouting. I have just been trying to figure out where I can legally hunt. Then if I can hunt legally I am looking for water that is not too deep and offers somewhere to establish a temp. blind on the shore or possibly use a kayak. Should I then go out during the early morning hours to see if there are any ducks or do I do this closer to the season (Aug. Sept)? I was thinking I would do this and practice my calls before the season and see if I can put out a decoy spread that attracts. Any help or advice is always appreciated.
Did you use the WMA properties  inteh locations you mentioned?

creekburner

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 04:19:37 PM »
Mr green im located in atco and quite frequently hunt bogs in wharton theres about three close enough from here to hit after work hours that produce for me . There isnt always loads of birds but enough to get through till saturday. Try goshen pond the back side of atsion or millers bog Mallards wood ducks  buffles

Meadowmucker

• NJWA Trustee
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 07:03:09 PM »
Should I then go out during the early morning hours to see if there are any ducks
Mr Green, there are 2 'season's each year ... the Early and the Late
The Early one usually holds resident dabblers and migratory teal.  The best time to scout is when the birds are in the air and going to roost for the evening.  Make sure to take your binoculars

The Late Season is when the northern birds are migrating down to winter over
Regards
John

Mr.Green

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 09:27:08 PM »
Thanks guys. Creekburner- I'm not familiar with millers bog but I know goshen pond and the other side of 206 a little bit. I was under the impression all of that area was off limits due to hiking trails.????have you ever had any problems? If not I will check it out this week. Thanks for the help.

creekburner

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 06:03:51 PM »
Nope no problems Most the park police and rangers ive encounted r pretty cool and most of them r hunters as well. r u located close?    . MIllers bog is between chew road and white horse pike if u know the trails off pestleton road its no prob 

Mr.Green

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 07:25:36 PM »
Thanks creekburner. I am going to try next week before work on Monday and after work on wednesday. Let me know if you feel like going.

Digetund

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 06:25:30 AM »
Sorry, I don't have any experience in Wharton! I came here to read boomessays.com review. I am searching for the reviews of that website in many forums website but I can't find it anywhere. One of my friends told me that over here I will find the reviews of that website but I have searched a lot but can't find it. Can anyone tell me on which website I can read reviews of that website?

Cabinatx

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 05:17:25 AM »
I also want to know about this issue as well.