Author Topic: Jerk Rigs  (Read 7134 times)

blackduck

Jerk Rigs
« on: February 19, 2009, 08:27:02 AM »
I want to know a good way to make a cheap jerk rig. What should I use for weight? How many decoys should I attach to it? Any advice would be great.

Anas rubripes

Re: Jerk Rigs
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 11:55:49 AM »
I made long line weights with some rocks, some concrete, a pair of eyebolts, a pair of brass dog snaps, and quart yogurt containers.  They seem to be heavy enough to keep 16 decoys from floating away with one on each end.  If you want to make a jerk cord for puddler hunting, you might need to step up to a half gallon milk jug or clorox bottle full of concrete with a LONG eyebolt going into the concrete.  Attach a few pieces of bungee cord to the line back to the blind and voila, jerk cord with return mechanism.

Giantbass

• Giantbass
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 04:38:10 AM »
I should learn from you next.

johnbravo

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 05:12:20 AM »
I made long line weights with a few shakes, some solid, a couple of eyebolts, a couple of metal puppy snaps, and quart yogurt compartments. They appear to be sufficiently substantial to keep 16 fakes from skimming without end with one on every end. On the off chance that you need to make a snap line for puddler chasing, you may need to venture up to a half gallon drain container or clorox bottle loaded with cement with a LONG eyebolt going into the solid. Connect a couple bits of bungee rope to the line back to the visually impaired and voila, jolt rope with return system.

angelannie

• Famous celebrity birthdays
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 11:31:57 PM »
Hi everyone
I see many posts here about prevention of animal and birds . I like this website so much . I also favour always this .
best regards
angelannie

Roshani

• Learn To Appreciate
    • best e commerce company in jaipur
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 05:14:23 AM »
appriciable work john..keep it up..

Best e commerce company in jaipur.